Family law requires sensitivity and finesse. For over 100 years the family attorneys at Barna, Guzy, and Steffen have stepped up to ensure a positive resolution to all kinds of thorny family problems, including:
- Child support, custody, and parenting time
- Grandparent’s Rights
- Elder and Adult Family Mediation
Our Family & Divorce Lawyers Serving Fridley, MN
|Dodge, Beverly K.||Sauter, Douglas G.||Schading, Elizabeth A.|
Family law often involves the creation of a “new normal.” At BGS, we strive to get you the best possible “new normal” so that you can move forward. We understand that it can be very stressful to find any kind of legal issue affecting your family and we are respectful of both you and your situation.
It all starts with listening. We’ll ask a lot of questions about the circumstances that have prompted you to seek our help. We want you to understand every aspect of your case and how the Minnesota justice system works.
Of course, it’s always best if you can navigate your family situation without having to resort to the courts. Fridley offers several resources which can help with a wide range of family issues. We’ve compiled some of these resources for you in the hopes of helping you meet your challenges. A legal action always has lasting consequences and should always be treated as a last resort. However, many of these resources may also prove helpful to you while you’re in the middle of your family law case.
Marriage and Children
- Information on Premarital Counseling in Anoka County.
- Psychology Today has compiled a directory of marriage counselors in Fridley.
- The Anoka County child care locator.
- Information on the Anoka County Child Care Assistance Program.
- Adoption Minnesota is a good place to start if you are exploring adoption options.
- You can also visit an overview of the Anoka County Adoption Process.
- Register online for a pre-adoption and training program.
- Chores and More is a program for Fridley seniors who need help with home maintenance and cleaning chores.
- Anoka County’s information on the adult foster care program.
- The Anoka County Family Caregiver Connection.
You might also be interested in reading about some of Anoka County’s family law procedures, including:
- The Anoka County Early Neutral Evaluation Process
- The Minnesota Department of Human Resources Child Support Calculator.
- Anoka County’s information on child support establishment and enforcement.
- Those who are already paying or receiving child support can access the details of their child support case by using this online portal.
- If you are concerned that you might not be able to afford legal representation in your family law case, Judicare of Anoka County may be an option for you.
If you have general questions about family law or would like to learn more, see our family law FAQ and our family law blog posts. If you need more specific help then call us at (763) 780-8500 to schedule a consultation with our family attorneys.