Since 1938, the attorneys at Barna, Guzy & Steffen have provided criminal lawyer services to residents of Brooklyn Center, Minnesota!
If you need legal representation for your criminal case in Brooklyn Center, MN, confidence in your lawyer is critical. The criminal attorneys at Barna, Guzy & Steffen have an abundance of experience to represent your case effectively. They have prosecution and public defender backgrounds as well as private criminal defense experience. We handle all types of criminal cases including:
|– DUI/DWI (and all other traffic related offenses)||– Drug Crime Charges|
|– Misdemeanor||– Sex Crime Charges|
|– Gross Misdemeanor||– Homicide|
|– Felonies||– Theft and Property Crimes|
|– Assaults||– Expungement|
|– Domestic Crime Charges|
We will pursue your defenses as aggressively as possible!
|Our Team of Experienced Brooklyn Center Criminal Lawyers|
|Erickson, Jon P.||Villarreal, Adriel B.|
Steps You Need to Take to Save Your Driver’s License being Suspended after a DWI
If you were arrested due to a DWI in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, there is a chance that your driver’s licenses can get suspended. You need to know a few things to help your chances of keeping your driver’s license from being suspended after a DWI.
Ways to Save Your Driver’s License
- The first step you need to take is to hire an experienced DWI attorney to represent you in your case. Our attorneys specialize in DWI cases in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, and you can schedule your free consultation today.
- Ask your attorney to request a hearing to give you a preview of what to expect if your DWI case goes to trial. Law enforcement officers must appear in court to justify their case that resulted in your license being suspended or revoked.
- If possible, request a re-test of the breathalyzer’s sample. If there is a testing error, the suspension can be revoked.
- Sit down with your DWI attorney to investigate the stop that led to your arrest. Local authorities must have a reasonable cause that you committed a traffic infarction or crime.
- You and your attorney should investigate how adequate the arrest was, and ask for a test. Officers must have probable cause to think you were driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Go through the sequence of events that led up to your DWI arrest in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota. Local authorities have strict guidelines they need to meet when performing the tests.
- Always check the sample’s label to make sure it is your sample.
- Demand a reinstatement hearing to receive an Implied Consent License from a DWI judge. In these hearings, errors and fabrications are discovered before trial.
Now you know the steps you need to take to save your driver’s license from being suspended after your DWI arrest in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota. To discuss the details of your DWI case, you need to call our law firm to schedule your free initial consultation.
This article is intended to provide general information only and should not be used as a substitute for legal counsel or advice. Please contact the attorneys at Barna, Guzy & Steffen, Ltd. to inquire about any information herein.